Friday, September 21, 2012

You Make Me Purr

Just had my four year anniversary with my DH. Of course I had to make him a card :)
I know more feathers right?! Well I'm on some kind of feather kick right now. lol. Plus I did buy a few packages while they were on sale at JoAnn's so I do have an excuse.

I used a digital stamp from TGF: Cheeky Kitty. She didn't come with fishnets tsk tsk, so I added them in with a ruler. I mean seriously, you can't expect to wear kitty ears without fishnets!


I used black paper flowers (Micheals) and black feathers (JoAnn's) for some interest in the corner. "You make me Purr..." is typed out on a Dymo Label Buddy.
I punched out some hearts in the background using the Martha Stewart: Heartbeat Pattern Punch to show the black mat. I distressed the black mat with silver pigment ink. I also created a ruffled Harlequin ribbon using doubled sided tape and topped off with some black trim.
For the inside of the card I used some Banana leaf paper. I have reams of the stuff when it was on clearance several years back. I used a Fiskars: Pucker Up punch and corner punch to add character. I distressed the edges and used Red Stickles to fill in the lips. I used the Stickles directly on the black card stock and used the banana leaf paper as an overlay.
All and all he loved the card and I had a great time making it.




0 comments:

Post a Comment