Monday, September 10, 2012

Graffiti Thank You Card

Remember the 80's when Hip Hop was just hitting the mainstream? You remember... Run DMC, Beat Street, Break Dancing, tape cassettes? Well thank goodness for us (or maybe not so great... neon.. gawd) 80's culture is back in vogue. So what better way to thank my Gen X, Y, Z friends but with a Graffiti inspired Thank You card.
Front of Card



Materials
Sizzix Texture Fades: Bricked embossing folder
Stencil 1: Spray paint can, headphones
Cricut Imagine: JT Art Cartridge
Jute fiber
Font: A Dripping Marker from FontSpace (donation-ware & free fonts)
Cardboard: from old packaging
Small brown envelope
Silver paint
Gel pens: white, black

I printed out "Thank You" on white card stock and textured with Bricked embossing folder. I cut out some of the white spaces around the bricks for interest. Adhere your embossed piece to a piece of recycled packaging. If you carefully rip one side of the paper off the cardboard packaging you will reveal the corrugated innards. Leave a little bit of the paper you ripped to added a more distressed look. I grunged up the cardboard with Black Soot distress ink. I used Walnut Stain distress ink on the bricks to make them stand out. Then I wrapped the whole thing with Jute fiber.


Here is the inside of the card.




I had already written on the right side of the card so I covered it up with black paper. You can't see it, but I used a piece of small notebook paper to write my sentiment on. I stenciled the Earphones from a Stencil1 stencil and used a white gel pen to make the cord.

I stamped a crown image on the small brown envelope and used it to contain my iTunes gift card.

Here is the note paper that I used to write my sentiment. It's an exclusive product from Midori a Japanese store.
For the front, I stenciled the Spray Paint can from Stencil1 with silver acrylic paint. I cut it out with an oval nestibilities and outlined the raised ridge with a white gel pen. The outside rim of the oval is brushed with metallic opal nail polish I had laying around. I wrote the name of the person getting the card on the spray can with a black gel pen.

I always try to incorporate the recipients name on the front of the card. I feel it's more personable and can be displayed by the person. Lets face it, you did a lot of work on that card for it to be stuck in some drawer or tossed in the circular file. I found friends are less likely to toss your creation if it has their name displayed on the front. lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment